Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines?

Technically it's Presidents Day, but a Presidents day poem just doesn't ring the same does it? Some people love Valentines, some people hate it; I think it's an over commercialized money grabber, but then, what holiday isn't? Other than that i'm not a valentine hater, more like an innocent bystander.


Forever in Orbit

I've never touched the sun
But still i know it's warm,
I've never counted the stars
And yet i know they're endless,
The earth spins in orbit;
The planets swirl in their patterns
Never touching; never colliding
But still i know they're there,
Sometimes i believe i can reach
Out and catch a streak of light
But it fades out of my reach,
Silently in the night we pass,
I can see through the clear sky
And still i know it is untouchable;
Forever in separate Orbit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers