Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today

I looked outside the window and the street looked gray. But if i stared out a little longer i could see the air moving, in cascades down to the ground. Hail poured down like the clouds had been collecting little shiny pebbles and had tripped; tossing them all to the floor. The sun was out today and it flooded out through the hail. Black clouds twisted mercilessly above but the sun was still there in a corner of the sky. This is my favorite weather. When the clouds show us one thing but the sun tells us another. It's like two days mixed into one, how things could be and how they happen to be at the moment. The storm and the calm.
I looked outside my windshield and saw a little dog run out into the road, I could have hit him, but luckily I was able to stop in time. One second passes and you end up standing over someone's dog trying to find a way to tell them you just murdered their friend. Or you sigh in relief and drive all your friends home and that little dog runs off in front of another car that hopefully has the same luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers