Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Give me a river

Give me a river to wash all my cares,
With a sky nestled close and the ground cuddled near.
Let the water trickle and giggle over my toes.
Let me lie on the velvety grass layed below
And feel the cold water ebb me away

Give me a sun to melt all my worries,
With a bright cloudless blue to pool in my eyes.
Let the rays brush my face and freckle my arms,
Let the leaves create shadows that dance on my skin,
And feel the warmth seep through the ground.

Give me a breeze to quiet my sleep.
Let the wind sweep the strands of my hair from my face,
Let the coolness calm the heat from the sun.
Let me sleep with a soft whisper sigh in my ears,
And float all my cares on green gentle leaves,
Bobbing away in the brook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers